As a member school of Mennonite Schools Council, UMEI Christian High School observes the
following 15 statements of Anabaptist-Mennonite Faith Practices:
1) In this school students know they are loved and valued by God which enables them to value and love each
2) Students are encouraged to grow in relationship with Jesus and to follow Jesus daily in life through
attitudes and practice.
3) Staff members in our school are committed to modeling the life of Jesus Christ.
4) Our school invites parents to become partners in the faith formation of their child.
5) Peace building, including the use of restorative discipline, is regularly modeled and practiced as a lifestyle of nonviolence, seeking justice and being part of a reconciling faith community.
6) Students grow in understanding the process of biblical discernment by asking questions, practicing spiritual
disciplines, and engaging with other Christians.
7) Our school builds a strong faith and learning community in which students and staff support each other.
8) Our school is a community that lives the gospel message through praying, serving others, and enabling
students to grow in understanding that they can make a positive difference in the world globally and locally.
9) Our school provides a welcoming community where it is emotionally safe to raise questions, to value and
learn from differences, and to care for each other.
10) Stories and symbols of faith and reconciliation are regularly shared in our school community.
11) Students grow in their understanding of stewardship of all God has entrusted to them, including the
12) Our school does everything it can to eliminate the obstacles that exclude or hinder the ability of students
to receive a faith-infused, education of excellence.
13) Our school values and is responsive to cultural, racial and socio-economic diversity.
14) The school enables students to practice global awareness, cultural sensitivity, anti-racism, and
15) Our school enables students to live a life of curiosity, wonder and mystery as they join with God to bring
the reign of God on earth as it is in heaven.