UMEI Christian High School was founded in 1945 and provides an excellent option for secondary education to Leamington and the surrounding area. Our dedicated teachers are committed to providing whole-person education, in a caring atmosphere that builds community through lasting relationships.
The Music Director position is for the 2021-2022 school year. The objective of this position is to oversee the Music program and teach grades 9-12 in both vocal and instrumental music.
We’re looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual with a commitment to establishing and maintaining an excellent music program. The position requires drive, passion and a sense of accountability because the music program is under the candidate’s individual direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to build a choral music program with an Anabaptist/Mennonite perspective and revive the school’s Mennonite musical heritage
- Have the ability to lead the student body in weekly music chapels; accompaniment through piano/guitar highly recommended
- Be a collaborative member of the UMEI Staff, demonstrating inclusivity and compassion
- Have a Bachelor of Education and hold a valid Teaching Certificate
- Be a member in good standing of the Ontario College of Teachers
- Have a music major or extensive teaching experience in music programs
- Exhibit other teachables and have a background in instrumental music an asset
- Provide a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Salary position
- May include evenings and weekends for performances and other school related activities
Inquiries and Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2021.
While UMEI Christian values all applications, only candidates who qualify for an interview will be contacted.