Director of Advancment
UMEI Christian high school is seeking a dynamic and engaging individual to join the school family as Director of Advancement. The Director of Advancement will provide leadership in the area of advancement including building relationships with various stakeholders, fund development, communications and enrolment management. This is a full time position; working under the direction of the Principal.
The Director of Advancement will develop an annual work plan in consultation with the Principal and the Advancement Committee, and in conjunction with the long-term strategic objectives set out by the Board of Directors. Areas of responsibility include:
- Relationship Building
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with various stakeholders through face-to-face interaction, use of technology and/or phone contact.
- Establish, manage and cultivate relationships in four key areas, including: Church Relations, Donor Relations, Alumni Relations and Community Relations.
- Seek out new and innovative partnerships with various stakeholders to advance the mission of UMEI and its reach throughout the community
- Fund Raising
- Develop and carry out a solicitation plan for the annual Fall Campaign and the Corporate Sponsor Campaign.
- Provide support and coordination as needed to various fundraising events and projects.
- Oversee the receipting and recognition of donors
- Educate donors on the strategic nature of planned giving and cultivate interest in the various options for planned giving.
- Build endowment through planned giving and legacy gifts.
- Solicit funds and provide leadership/coordination for future capital campaigns as identified by UMEI’s Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and manage grant application processes.
- Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication and marketing plan in consultation with the Principal, staff and Advancement Committee.
- Oversee and utilize various methods of communications including the website, social media, traditional media, newsletters and other print materials.
- Develop various communications and marketing tools in keeping with the UMEI brand, mission, values and advancement strategies.
- Monitor institutional branding.
- Market to attract and retain students.
- Coordinate alumni relations including events, contacts and mailings.
- Plan events that strengthen relationships between UMEI and its stakeholders/constituents.
- Recruitment and Enrolment
- Oversee recruitment and enrolment including short and long-term goals and strategies determined through consultation with the Board of Directors and the Advancement Committee.
- Reporting and Data Management
- Oversee the development and on-going maintenance of a donor database.
- Maintain files with donor historical records
- Implement an admissions database
- Provide appropriate reports to the Board of Directors, Principal and Advancement Committee.
- Other Duties
- Deal with donor concerns and complaints as well as suggestions, in cooperation with other staff and the Principal.
- Be involved with the life of the school through traditional activities that allow for personal interaction with students and parents to enhance the understanding of UMEI and its mission.
- Providing support to various committees including the Advancement Committee, the Watermelon Open Committee, the Lightning Run Committee and the Surf ‘n’ Turf Committee
- Setting up booths at the Community Sale, Sidewalk Sale and other community events
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Appreciation for and a commitment to Christian education in the Mennonite/Anabaptist faith tradition and the philosophy under which it operates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to network effectively.
- Willing and able to work as part of a team.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- University degree in a related field such as business, marketing, communications and/or fundraising
- Other applicable certifications or training demonstrating an understanding and working knowledge of advancement,
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of fundraising methods
- 3-5 years’ experience
For further information, please contact Sonya Bedal, Principal at (519)326-7448.
Please send cover letter and resume to the attention of:
UMEI Christian High School
614 Mersea Rd 6 East
Leamington, ON N8H 3V8