The UMEI classroom experience is second to none. The difference starts with the small class sizes, which allow amazing learning to happen in the classroom! At UMEI, teachers work hard for each student to reach their potential and flourish within their God-given gifts.
Average class size: 12 students
Small class sizes means that:
- Teachers can enhance their teaching strategies and more easily assess each student’s progress
- Students learn to trust their teachers and peers and feel more comfortable taking risks and making mistakes, which leads to improved learning
- Teachers know each student as a person, and can teach to their interests, build on their strengths and support them through their challenges
- Students experience high expectations according to their individual needs, and receive a high level of support from teachers to help them reach their goals
- Hands-on learning occurs more often, where all students participate and actively participate in their learning
- Increased confidence through more speaking time in class and stronger relationships with peers and teachers
- Parents receive more regular communication from classroom teachers as partners in their child’s education
8:1 student-to-teacher ratio
UMEI also has a Student Success Period every day, 3:00 – 3:30, where all teachers are available for extra help and support
UMEI Christian High School proudly offers education in Grades 9-12. Our high school students are provided with Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum and earn the Ontario Secondary Schools Diploma (OSSD). UMEI is regularly inspected by the Ontario Ministry of Education and Training.
Our Grade 10 students write the Ontario Literacy Test each year. An overwhelming majority of our students pass the test on their first attempt.
Students who have successfully completed the Religious Studies Program receive the UMEI Religious Studies Diploma. Students who have successfully completed a minimum of 30 credits from Grades 9-12 receive their OSSD and go on to successfully attend post-secondary schools in the both Canada and the United States.
Staff at UMEI Christian have Undergraduate Degrees as well as Bachelor Degrees in Education. All are members in good standing of the Ontario College of Teachers.
“It takes passionate teachers to lead to passionate students. At UMEI, teachers work with the students to not only encourage learning, but also help them discover how to learn.” – Tess Huy (2011)